Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Red sweatshirt refashion

Once again, I started out with a sweatshirt that was too big on me and set about to give it some shape.


I started by removing the front pockets and the zipper through a lot of careful, tedious seam-ripping.


I stitched the zipper edge back together once the zipper was removed. Then I set about taking in the sides a bit. I basted it where I thought it needed to be stitched then used my serger to finish the seam. Alas, these pictures only show the first round of taking in the sides - a second round was also needed.



Once it was finally slim enough, I added some large buttonholes to the left front flap and folded under the right front flap at an angle before adding my big red buttons. 


And here it is - warm and cozy. 


With this up and down weather, I'm sure to get some good use out of it before it gets too hot. Yay!


Thanks for reading!  -Amy


7 comments:

RePurposeFul said...

This is inspiring! Great idea, and great work - I particularly admire your commitment and patience for that seam ripping!

Heidi said...

I like that! Gives it some panache and some style!

cfortin said...

The buttons make such a difference. Nice refashion.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab

Maria said...

Much dressier & less shlumpy. Nice!

vintagevogue said...

I like it - still just as comfortable but looks more stylish. I'm a big fan of stylish knitwear.

Marisa Glied said...

Much more stylish! Great job!

-TheRefashStash

jenny_o said...

Ooo ... I love it - great job!