Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Button-Down Five; The Floral One

Hello Refashion Co-op. It's Chickie again. I had this pretty shirt with a great blue and white floral design. It is too big but that makes it great for a refashion project.


I cut off the collar and shoulders. I turned the edge under and stitched it closed. I threaded elastic through it to make a wide neckline.


I shortened the arms and attached elastic around the "waist" to bring it in a little and give it a more flattering fit.


It has a better fit now and is nice for the summer heat that is coming. 


If you want more details please go to I Can Work With That .

Thanks for reading, now go make something fun for yourself.

12 comments:

RePurposeFul said...

Nice. Looks so light and airy now, and with that sweet print, perfect for summer!

Heidi said...

Me likey!!

whatthesew said...

The new style really suits the fabric, looks great.

alyrocco said...

Great transformation!!!

Catherine1216 said...

This turned out so cute. I want to make one for myself. You look so good in it.

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks so much everyone. It was pretty simple, but I like it a lot more now. Happy sewing to all of you.

jennifer elliott said...

Awesome refashion just in time for summer! Perfect for summer days.

Jennifer, EOD

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks Jennifer!

Pivot Point Patterns said...

A lovely and sweet blouse. Well cone.

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks Melissa!

Amy Jo said...

That is adorable now! Great job!

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks Amy Jo!