NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Ahoy Pencil Skirt

I don't typically do refashions for my "bottom" half... But I kind of wanted a new pencil skirt.

Quite Nautical

I thought this would do nicely since it already fit me pretty well. And since I didn't care for the top half, I merely cut it off.


It had a side zipper that I did have to shorten to fit in to my new skirt but that was actually a cinch! I cleaned up the raw edge left behind at the waist line, of course. Boom. Done.


For $1 I guess I can't complain... especially since I'm 2 sizes larger on the bottom and can rarely buy new to fit it! This garment seemed to be a perfect storm of luck...


For the full tutorial with more pics on the zipper alteration, click here :)

Happy Refashioning!
~Laura



5 comments:

RePurposeFul said...

Niiice! Great idea, and it looks fabulous on you!

Chickie Walsh said...

Love the new look. Great fit and colors.

Accidental Seamstress said...

Thanks, girls! :)

jennifer elliott said...

I agree! The new skirt looks fabulous on you! I love having a go-to pencil skirt.

Jennifer, EOD

Marisa Glied said...

Very cute! Now you can wear it with so many different tops!

-TheRefashStash