Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Monday, June 06, 2016

Little Yellow Polka Dot Summer Dress

My adorable little niece was my model for this refashion.


What I did:

1. Cut the dress to her length (about 20 inches off), zig-zagged the edges and hemmed it.
2. Tapered in the bodice area to fit. 
3. Moved up the pockets. Unstitched and restitched into place.
4. Made a little belt out of the excess fabric.


Side by side

This dress is great because it can be worn as a looser shift dress or with a little belt to be little more girly.

More refashions on my blog or instagram!


RePurposeFul said...

Adorable! It looks fantastic on her :) Actually, I wouldn't mind having a dress like that ;)

jennifer elliott said...

The model and dress refashion are both adorable! Love it!

Marisa Glied said...

Great refash! That dress is so cute on her!


Chickie Walsh said...

Super cute!

g.satansbraten said...

I take it, you brought up the pockets a bit higher as well for her?
If it wouldn't be for her smile, I'd probably steal it from her = 'pink envy' :-D
Weeell, she definitely looks muuuch better in it than I'd do = 'pink envy' here as well ;-) !

LG, Gerlinde

cfortin said...

Very cute model and refashion.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab