Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Thursday, June 23, 2016

The Super Maxi Skirt

Hello Refashion Co-op. My daughter gave me this maxi skirt. It is so long it's a super maxi skirt. It didn't work for me but I thought I could make it a nice midi length skirt easily. I like A-line skirts, so I gave it a try.

Here is a picture in the midst of sewing. I took in the waist and folded it over so it wouldn't be so wide anymore. I also took some length off the bottom and gave it a new hem.

The shape  flows over everything. It is more flattering now and so easy to wear.  It's like a T shirt for my lower half. I usually go shorter on the skirt length but wanted to try this longer length first. I can still shorten it some more later. Any thoughts on the length?

Thanks for reading, For more details and pictures go to I Can Work With That.


Saga said...

I think midi is very elegant.
Like you, I am rather short, and I feel that when wearing a midi, I need to be more aware than usual of how I style the outfit, as to not look like a granny. Either styling it very elegant or do casual chic with a T-shirt or top like you did.

Personally I would have chosen to make the skirt just a teeny tiny bit shorter, maybe 2".

jennifer elliott said...

I love the skirt. I'm a sucker for stripes and dots. Love simple fixes too.

Jennifer, EOD

Chickie Walsh said...

Thanks ladies. Saga I have a couple maxi skirts so I didn't want another one, but it would look nice that way.