NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Awards Night No Sew

I bought this Maxi Dress at a local consignment shop. I loved it so much that I didn't mind spending a little more money than I typically do on my refashions.


I did NOT love the built-in necklace or the length...

Cut it out...

Cut it off...

That's all I did to tailor this dress to my preferences. No sewing required :)


4 inches turned out to be perfect!


I adore this dress. It's super comfortable and I feel like a million bucks in it :) $5 is a small price to pay for confidence.



To see my post on this dress and what Awards Night Event I wore this to, Click Here.

Happy No Sewing!

~Laura


6 comments:

Chickie Walsh said...

That is a great dress. I'm not a fan of attached jewelery either. It is more classic with out the necklaces.

Accidental Seamstress said...

Thanks! And, I agree... I was never in to attached jewelry. Remember a few seasons ago when scarves all had a built-in necklace? I hated those too :) (No offense to anyone who DID like them... just not my cup of tea).

jennifer elliott said...

I agree with all the changes! If the jewelry was actually pretty ... but it looked kind of boring and blah. I love refashions that make me feel a million bucks too. You look fabulous!

Jennifer, EOD

jennifer elliott said...

P.S. Simple and no-sew refashions are the best! Great job!

Gema Ensenat said...

Same here - I always thought, if it's the kind of jewellery I wouldn't choose to wear on its own, why would I want to wear it attached to a scarf?! Normally wooden, and metal bits... Rant over!! And great dress!

Marisa Glied said...

Very cute!

-TheRefashStash