NEED TWO EDITORS ON DUTY!

Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at jennelliott14@gmail.com. Thank you!

Saturday, July 16, 2016

More t shirt surgery

Here's something I do a lot, but I feel like this one is too cute not to share. When I say "t shirt surgery" I'm referring to the process of removing an image from one shirt and sewing it onto another. I had this one:
...and that one:
 
"What's up with that blue shirt? Why did someone put red paint on it?" If that's what you're wondering, let me explain: I got nervous about sharing a picture of a shirt featuring the name of the elementary school where I work. 
By the way, I had that Superman shirt because I bought it to use the sleeves for another project. I did not use them, therefore I owned a Superman shirt. I'll let you in on a little secret. I don't much care for superheroes or comic books or the blockbuster movies about them. Sorry to be so lame, but it's just not my thing. 
Here's my tutorial: because that school shirt was kinda thick and in a kid's size large, I just couldn't make it work. So I cut around my panther logo, pinned it over the Superman symbol and sewed them together.
Truth is, it's a little snug to be school appropriate but hopefully my school spirit will outweigh any dress code violations. All of my coworkers loved it as much as I do, so I basked in all the compliments, blushing like, "this old thing?"
No need to check out my post for details, but if you want to...it comes with a nice little story about my school year! It's right here. This post is actually the middle part of my long-winded tale that I linked to in my last post.
Maybe read it if you have time to kill!

4 comments:

Sheila Lehmenkuler said...

I had this same thought a couple weeks ago. I have a beachy t-shirt that I love the logo on the back, but the fabric quality wasn't the best and after a few washing the t-shirt is much too tight. So now I will do surgery. Did you straight stitch around or use a zigzag? Love it.

Erica Moody said...

I considered a zig zag, but I decided to go with the straight stitch.

Carissa said...

I love the striped sleeves too, but not so much the Superman logo. Great idea to personalize it with your school logo!

-Carissa
EOD

Chickie Walsh said...

I like the contrasting colors. And I am a suckered for a good time shirt refashion.Nice!