Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Refashion Runway Sewalong: Week 4: TUNICS !!!

Hey folks,

So this week of Refashion Runway was very exciting for me because I got to make a TUNIC !  I just LOOOOOVE tunics.  They are so flattering, feminine and can be as funky or as straight-laced  as you wish.

So this week, I started with some funky chiffon-like skirts and blouse with a flowy fabric.




I chose to make a Lagenlook style tunic, which really means "layered", with exposed serging, applique-style.

Here is the result:

It has longer sides

As you can see, the front and the back are very different and the tunic can be worn reversibly: front to back.

I really like this one and it is ALL ME.  My own pattern, or lack thereof...

If you want to learn more about the process, please stop by on my blog: Sewliltime.

Thanks for reading :)

Peace !



Ivy Dewett said...

I love the way it turned out! Nice job!

cfortin said...

That is so pretty. I love the way it turned out.

Cindy - EOD
Upcycled Design Lab