Do you have a few minutes to spare for a day? Do you like commenting on contributors' posts? The Refashion Coop needs two volunteer Editors on Duty (EOD for short) to make sure the site is running smoothly. Interested? Have questions? Please contact Jennifer Elliott at Thank you!

Wednesday, September 07, 2016

Refashion Runway Sewalong - Riverside

Hi guys,

I am so proud of myself to have kept up with RR sewalong this year !  But this is the last instalment and, frankly, I could use a break.

This last week, the stars worked on refashioning the Pantone color of the season: Riverside, basically, blue !  Not my favorite color so finding something to refashion was a bit tricky.  Finally, I found some UGLY pants that my mom had given me a long time ago.  They were the perfect shade !!!

So I got to work.  It was fairly easy.  All I had to do was cut the legs and open them.  I was left with 2 large asymetrical pieces.  I LOVE asymetry !  I did not have enough for sleeves, so, tank top it is !

Here are the pants:

How ugly are those !!!  Elasticized waistband, shapeless, ugh !

And here is what I made from them:

The straps are made with 2 different sized ties and contrasting buttons.

I love how the placement of the tie in the bottom accentuates the asymetry.

And the seams in the leg pieces give interest and texture.

So how about that ?  I love turning ugly clothes into cute and confortable pieces.  Oh yeah, this fabric is SOOOO confortable !  Perfect for the last days of summer ! 

You can see much more on my blog: sewliltime.

Peace !



Chickie Walsh said...

Wow, that is super cute. I love the hemline. Very cool.

Accidental Seamstress said...

I love the accent with the ties! Cute.

jennifer elliott said...

I love this piece too! I love the use of the ties! Great job!

Jennifer, EOD