Thursday, February 23, 2017

An Imagine UNtunic alteration

Today's refashion is simple: Mine typically are... What makes this somewhat unique, perhaps, is that I refashioned this tunic using ONLY a Serger.

This is not a flattering silhouette for a "hippy" gal such as myself...

I use Sergers all the time (Yes, you saw right. Plural. Sergers.). My job/livelihood is selling sewing machines and giving lessons on how to use them. I may not be the best seamstress, but I know ALL about how machines work and how to best utilize them for certain "looks." (Not bragging... just illustrating that even though I'm a horrible seamstress I'm still knowledgeable. Those who can't do, teach, right?) :)  I've found that when it comes to sergers, people can get quite flustered. But there's really NOTHING to it.

Exhibit A:

For this super simple refashion, I used our Baby Lock Imagine Serger to "UN tunic" this sweater.

This is what the side seams looked like with a 3 thread overcast stitch on the Imagine:

This is so much more professional looking than a zig zag or straight stitch

And even though I did like the striped linen fabric trim, it sadly went bye-bye when I finished the bottom edge with a rolled hem (done on the same Serger).

Still only 3 threads, but a completely different look.

This alteration was SO simple. Seriously... just 3 stupid little seams and it was all done on a Serger. If I can make a refashion look good (or at least not "home made" looking...) by using a Serger any one can.

I think this is much better on my, uh, curves...

I bought myself some Tieks for Valentine's Day :)


If you've contemplated getting a Serger, I would highly recommend them. They really polish up your projects and they sew at lightning speed so you can get your sewing done much faster too. It's a win-win :)


Happy SERGING ;)





4 comments:

jennifer elliott said...

Beautiful! Great job.

Jennifer Elliott, EOD

Rozy Lass said...

Very chic! And such a good look for you. Thanks for sharing your expertise.

I Can Work With That said...

The fit is much better, it looks great.
Chickie

Unknown said...

I love my serger so much. I like knowing my seams aren't going to come apart on me! LOL