REFLECTIONS: This is #6 of 10 for my Spring Break goal.
- After Spring Break, there are 9 weeks of school till summer.
- Warmer weather means a change in the School Days Wardrobe.
BEFORE: Black ribbed pullover in a tight stretch knit, Almost a ribbed velour
- From the closet. Fit, but uncomfortable due to the limited stretch
STEPS: Create Open Front Cardigan
- Cut up the middle front
- On the outside attach black grosgrain ribbon and turn to inside. Topstitch.
- When tried on, it looked ok. Due to the tight knit, it did not pull together in front.
- I wanted a looser fit.
- So, I cut side panels from stash t-shirt. Insert and serge.
TIP: Adapted from Makery refashion: sweater to kimono cardi
AFTER: Black cardigan for School Days.
- North Texas mornings are cool. My classroom has limited temperature control and can be cool.
- After school temps can be very warm. Cardigans are
AFTER: Turtleneck folded down
Grograin ribbon turned inside
AFTER: Side panel inserted
due to tight knit of new cardigan
BEFORE: T-shirt cut for fabric strips
Cardigan before are lost