Monday, May 15, 2017

It's tunic time....the final chapter!

This is the final tunic in the series and also serves as a transitional piece into my next focus of refashioned clothing.  A while back, my mom gave me a box of her (mostly) dresses that she wore in the 70's and early 80's.  I have decided to try and breathe some new life into them.  This skirt and blouse is the first one to be transformed.  It just happened to make a nice, lightweight tunic that will be great for the summer months ahead.









More pics and a short tutorial can be found by visiting my blog, Second Chances by Susan.  Thanks!

 photo signature.png

4 comments:

whatthesew said...

It must be extra rewarding to be refashioning your mother's stuff. Maybe she had your love of fashion so there will be more great projects ahead.

I Can Work With That said...

A whole box of vintage clothes!?! That is so awesome! This pink number makes school a great top. I can't wait to see the rest.
Chickie

karen vallerius said...

That is really lovely, I love the prints of vintage dresses and that is a great way to enjoy them today. Inspirational. Karen

Pivot Point Patterns said...

Love that print.