Friday, December 22, 2017

Lace Ruffle Top Refashion Using Embroidered Patches


This little lace top was one of my absolute favorites a couple of years ago. Sadly, the dye from the shirt transferred onto the collar, so it went into my refashion pile. I had some extra floral embroidered patches from another project, so I decided to play around with them. 

Here's what I did: 

1. I added the floral patches and hand sewed them on. Even though I really dislike hand sewing, I felt I had way better control sewing them on this way, especially with all the little curves and edges the patches have. 

\

2. I cut off the collar and added new neck binding out of a matching fabric. I couldn't believe how well it matched with the floral patches! :)


3. To finish the top off, I added some ruffles to the sleeves, in the same floral fabric as the neck binding.


TA DA! New and updated top! :)
For the full tutorial and more photos, visit Sew Much Love, Mary



3 comments:

Therese said...

Great transformation, looks lovely on you!

whatthesew said...

Adds a touch of glamour with this update.

I Can Work With That said...

This is so pretty, the black and the bright floral colors are so pretty together.
Chickie