Wednesday, May 09, 2018

A Disco Jumpsuit to A Modern Romper

Hello Refashion Co-op. Take a look at this groovy disco masterpiece. This is a homemade poly-knit jumpsuit with a zipper front. It is the most unflattering thing I have worn in a long time, maybe ever. Everything about it was wrong for me, but it was fabulous. It is so dated, it would be ridiculous to wear in public. Could it be updated?


 I decided to make it a romper. I could/would never wear it as it was. Would it look better with short legs? I used some shorts as a guide for where and how much of the jumpsuit legs to cut off.


I hemmed the legs and decided to remove the sleeves too. I found the matching little belt too.

 Here is a look at the finished romper. I liked it much better but it didn't really look great on me. I decided to keep working on it.


I will show you what I did with it next time. Thanks for reading, for more details and pictures go to
 I Can Work With That.

2 comments:

whatthesew said...

I would definitely not have chosen that jumpsuit in a clothes swap, you do like a challenge.

Anonymous said...

I would cut down the front center seam to make a V neck.