Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Dress to Skirt Refashion



I was given this dress as a refashion project.

It was 100% linen and made of several panels cut on the bias arranged in a sort of twisted way, which gave a nice drape.

The obvious direction was a skirt, which would suit me better and retain the drape.  I made one cut to release the top section then cut another strip to make a waistband out of.



I added a zip and button closure to one of the seams and it was done.





There are more details and photos here






2 comments:

Chickie Walsh said...

Very pretty. That material looks like a water color painting, it's lovely.
Chickie

Rozy Lass said...

Love it! Linen is my favorite summer season fabric. Good job.