Wednesday, June 06, 2018

I Almost Made a Cowgirl Dress

Hello Refashion Co-op. There are many (So many.) times I try something that doesn't work out the way I planned. This plaid shirt was one of them. I tried to make a dress, I tried to add a big ruffle at the bottom, I tried to make a shirt with a small ruffle at the bottom....
I kept adding and removing things that didn't look as good as I thought they would.

This shirt is a men's 2XL, so it was big. I used my dress form to make the whole shirt more fitted. This part worked pretty well. It was all failure after this. 

 Everything I thought would look cute looked very cowgirl when I actually put it together. I was not on my way to a rodeo, so I needed to tone it down.

After as lot of trial and error I cut off almost everything and had a very simple sleeveless shirt. It was much better this way. The plaid is enough all on it's own it didn't need all the extra ruffles.

 It took a while but I was happy with the shirt when I was done.

Thanks for reading, for more pictures and details of my struggle go to I Can Work With That.

1 comment:

Therese said...

looks great the way it is! I know the feeling about adding too much.....hardly ever works!