Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Dress to Romper Refashion

It's summer!!! It has been super hot here in Michigan!
Since rompers are very popular this year I decided what better to do than a romper refash!

DSCN1587
I absolutely love white and green stripes!
Okay so I started with this cotton dress! Very comfortable!

DSCN1588
I laid out my dress with the front side up. Folded it in half lengthwise. I made a diagonal cut from the bottom seam up.

DSCN1602
I then cut 3 inches off the bottom.

DSCN1603
Sewed a new 1/2 inch hem around the whole bottom.

DSCN1604
I laid out my dress inside out, front side up and sewed up the leg seams.

DSCN1605
For the final touch I added some pom-poms to the hem of the romper shorts.

IMG_1132[1212]

Perfect for a hot day boating!

2018-23-06-08-03-01

Happy Refashioning!!!

Check out my stash of refashions on my blog!

1 comment:

I Can Work With That said...

You made a very cute romper. It looks great. The pom-poms are a nice touch.
Chickie