Friday, July 06, 2018

T-shirt Mania 4; The Tank Top

 Hello Refashion Co-op. I had a couple red t-shirts and was inspired to get a whole outfit together to go with them.


 I had these 2 free t-shirts that seemed to be about a soccer event. I didn't want that white writing on my shirt so I cut the shirts apart.


That left me with the plain red backs of the shirts. I connected the sides and the shoulders to make a red tank top style shirt. I made some adjustments in the neck too.


 I wanted to wear this little open gray jacket thing but it literally came down to my knees in the front. The back was much shorter. It had some pockets that were so low I couldn't even reach them. It didn't look right at all but it fit through the body. I decided to make it an even length all the way around.


I put it on my dress form and used a yard stick to keep the length even all the way around. It was easy to cut and it gave it a new look. There was just a little fabric left from the pockets on the inside of the jacket, I just cut that off too. 


I liked the length of the colorful shorts, they were just too big around. I made new side seams. I made several new side seams. I just kept trying them on and adjusting the fit. There was no stretch in this fabric so I didn't want to make them too tight.


 I really liked how they all turned out together. The high-waist of the shorts is a new favorite for sure.


Thanks for reading this post, for more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.

4 comments:

whatthesew said...

Very well put together outfit

KD said...

A colorful, stylish, well-fitting outfit created from 4 items that were not otherwise going to be worn much: win, win, win, win!

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks to both of you for the comments.
Happy Sewing to both of you!
Chickie

Liochka said...

Well done ! This is beautiful !