Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Pajama Week Nightgown

 Hello Refashion Co-op. I found this soft knit dress at a clothes swap and took it home. Honestly, I could not figure out what to do with it because it was just a little too floral for me. It waited patiently until I decided to make some new sleepwear out of it. This soft material would make great sleepwear.


I cut the top of the dress off. It was boring and didn't fit me. I was left with a full skirt.


I used some soft cotton trim to cover the cut edge all around the top. I used my machine to stitch it on the outside and it gave the top of my new nightgown more structure. It was also pretty, which helped too. I added shoulder straps from the inside. I did some measuring to make them the right size for me.


I love the material so much more as sleepwear. The floral material looks great with the dark blue trim too.


Thanks for reading this post, for more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.

2 comments:

TheRefashStash said...

Oh I love this one! What a great refash! You are so clever!

-TheRefashStash

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks a lot Marissa!
Happy sewing to you.
Chickie