Sunday, September 30, 2018

Just Ducky Refashion

I have been very productive this past month. I have been finishing at lot of unfinished projects and let me tell you, it feels great!
DSCN0612
I acquired this Donald Duck crop top a few years ago and was really looking forward to making this into a dress but every time I sat down to finish this the weather turned cold.

DSCN0615
I began by making a skirt using this XL men's t-shirt. I cut just below the sleeves.

DSCN0617
I folded over the top just enough to make a casing for 1/4 inch elastic.

DSCN0619
Threaded the elastic through with my bodkin.

DSCN0620
Once the elastic waistband was through the casing I stitched the elastic ends together.

DSCN1669
Then I stitched the crop top to the skirt I just made.

DSCN1670
Once both pieces were stitched together I noticed that it became a very short dress. I fixed this by adding some material from a white men's t-shirt. I cut just below the sleeves.

DSCN1671
I trimmed that piece down to 5 inches and kept the original t-shirt hem. Which worked well because I would not have to hem it again!

DSCN1672
I stitched the new white piece to the bottom of the dress.

IMG_1594[1533]
I am so happy with this new summer dress and it was definitely worth the wait!

2018-23-09-15-54-56
Happy Refashioning!!!

Check out my stash of refashions on my blog!

2 comments:

whatthesew said...

The red and white look so good together.

I Can Work With That said...

Super cute! I love the feeling of finishing projects too!
Chickie