Friday, October 19, 2018

A Very Yellow Refashion

Oh look what we have here, readers! We have a bright brand new refashion for you!
IMG_2375[1424]
I found this traditional Mexican style dress a few years ago with the tags still on it! I have been eyeing it but still haven’t had much inspiration for this. It’s cute but it’s pastel colors was not my taste. What to do, what to do?
DSCN1673
I decided to dye it yellow. Which made this dress stand out, which I’m not too sure how I feel about it.
I took the bottom layer off to shorten it, but it was still too much yellow!
DSCN1677
I then decided to break up the yellow by using this yellow and gray tank top.
DSCN1678
I decided to attach the top shoulder ruffle to the tank top and then attach the skirt part to the bottom of the tank top. This will definitely break up this banana yellow dress!
I cut a few inches above the waist elastic so I had some fabric to attach the tank top to.
DSCN1679
I’m still thinking of ways to to break up the intense yellow of this dress, when it dawned on me! I can use my Brother Scan n Cut to add a vinyl decal onto the dress. I found a pretty clip art picture of a bird, printed it, scanned it and cut the design out on gray vinyl! I ironed that onto the bottom of my skirt.
DSCN1680
I then pinned the top ruffle onto the top of the tank top and stitched that on. Once that was done I sewed thee bottom skirt onto the tank top to make it a dress!
IMG_1603[1535]
I’m happy with how it turned out despite it being very yellow. I like yellow, but it was a lot all together!
IMG_1604[1536]
2018-23-09-15-57-39
Happy Refashioning!!!
Check out my stash of refashions on my blog!

2 comments:

I Can Work With That said...

I love the yellow and gray together. That combo really looks great together. And the iron-on was inspired!
Chickie

learningnewtricks said...

The iron-on is super cute. You made several interesting changes that increased the cute factor.