Saturday, March 30, 2019

Pajamas into Scarf and Pockets

For today’s refashion I took an old pair of pajama pants and made a scarf. But that is not all! I also used some the the pajama material to make pockets for a plain sweater I had recently thrifted!
Here it is! A very plain grey cardigan.
Annnd here they are, the old pajama pants.
I used an old pocket that I took off a men’s dress shirt as a template for my new pockets.
I folded over the top of my pockets and stitched that in place.
For my scarf: I trimmed the legs of the pajama pants into 4 rectangles.

I then placed 2 rectangles on top of one another and folded them longwise and sewed that. Then sewed each rectangle pair together to make one long piece of fabric.

I folded the fabric so the ends were together. I sewed them up and made a very long infinity scarf!

Lastly, I pinned the pockets to the front of the cardigan! Stitched them on leaving the tops open, of course!

Here we have it! A new infinity scarf and a cardigan with pockets!
Happy Refashioning!!!
Check out my stash of refashions on my blog!

1 comment:

I Can Work With That said...

This is a great idea. Warm and super cute.
I am hopeful that we will have warm weather soon but until then...
I want all the scarves.
Chickie