Monday, October 21, 2019

The world's longest refashion

It took me six (six!) summers from beginning to end, but I'm happy to say, I finally succeeded in converting a dress I didn't much like into a skirt I mostly like. I went from clueless to overly ambitious to desperate to finish, to finally, finally finished! Never give up!

Before


After


In the end, it turned out to be a fairly simple skirt (in other words, it really should not have taken 5 years!).

The most challenging part was my attempt at a proper waistband and zipper closure (it would have been just fine with an elastic waist!).


Ah, well, live and learn! If you want to see a year-by-year of all the things I tried with this project, click on over to my blog post!

Happy procrastinating, fellow refashioners!

--The Unfashionista

1 comment:

I Can Work With That said...

hahahaha I love knowing I'm not the only procrastinator! The skirt turned out really well.
Chickie