Sunday, April 12, 2020

Easter Dress Refash

Happy Easter everyone! I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy!
Have you seen this meme that is circulating are the internet?
look-ladies-easter
I figured why go all out on an Easter dress when I will just be stuck at home with no one but the dog and the hubby? So, Here is my Easter “dress”…
IMG_4659
IMG_4660
Complete with bunny buttons!
Of course, I’m totally joking! Here is my real Easter Dress…Stuck at home or not!
DSCN1952
I am in love with the flowly ruffle! I am not in love with this dress being stark white! Yikes!
DSCN1953
Since it is springtime and Easter I figured this Petal Pink dye would do nicely.
1st: Dissolve the powder dye in 1 cup of HOT water. Fill a washer machine with HOT water (enough so the fabric can flow freely).
2nd: Add 1 cup salt (for cotton fabric), 1 Tablespoon detergent and the dissolved dye to the washer.
3rd: Rinse the fabric in HOT water and add that to the washer. Use an extended cycle.
BE SURE to clean the washer IMMEDIATELY. HOT water and 1 cup bleach.
DSCN1954
Once my dress was done dyeing and drying I placed it on my dress form and cut a straight line down the back and made a v-neckline.
DSCN1955
I removed the belt loops, because I did not need them. This dress did not come with the belt. No big deal!
DSCN1957
My mom gave me this dusty rose lace shirt. I cut the bottom hem off and cut it into different length strips.
DSCN1958
I pinned the strips of fabric across the V of the back.
DSCN1962
The dress dyed very well except for 1 small spot….right in front!
I used one more piece of the dusty rose lace to cover up the darker spot in front. I hand sewed 2 buttons at each side of the lace strip.
DSCN1971
And that is it! Easter dress completed! I got lucky that the length of this dress was perfect!
IMG_4661
IMG_4665
img1
Happy Easter!!!
Happy Refashioning!!!
Check out my stash of refashions on my blog!

2 comments:

kitblu said...

As if the first one is a mistake! Model it for your man - and dog if you like. I love the substantial look of the fabric.
As for The public dress - fabric and colour suit you well.

I Can Work With That said...

Great Easter outfit! It was a weird holiday this year. But you looked great!
Chickie