Friday, May 29, 2020

A Bridesmaid Dress

Hello Refashion Co-op. I refashioned a bridesmaid dress a few months ago. The wedding was scheduled during the shutdown and the bridesmaid never got to wear this pretty dress. Her refashion idea was so clever, I wanted to share it.
And don't worry. The wedding took place on schedule. It was much smaller but the bride and groom were very happy.

The bridesmaid needed this dress shorter in length. So I cut off some length and gave it a new hem.
It was also really low cut. It was too low for this young woman's sense of comfort.

The only matching fabric I had was the 2 1/2 inches I had cut off the bottom. I didn't see anyway to use this narrow strip of fabric. She did though.

She sent me this sketch of the dress with pieces of that fabric layered at an angle to fill in the bodice.

Here is the finished look. I was able to raise the neckline up enough to make it more comfortable and secure to wear.

Thanks for reading along, for more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.


2 comments:

Jean said...

Sounds like you two make quite a team. Good job. At least maybe she can wear it some other time.

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks! I hope she can wear it somewhere else too.
Chickie