Wednesday, June 24, 2020

The Peasant Skirt Dress

Hello Refashion Co-op. How are all of you? I hope you are well and safe. I have been trying to work through my refashion stash since I have not gone to any clothes swaps or thrift stores in quite a while. I am trying to find a use for all the things I have saved. These 2 pieces needed help. I cut the bottom tier of the skirt of a couple years ago to make something and I saved what was left of the skirt. The striped t-shirt caught my eye at a swap a long time ago but it was cropped and I was afraid my saggy mom stomach would show if I wore it. (My weird belly button is my business.)

I cut the lining of the skirt and hemmed it all up. That was easy.

I wanted to make sure the shirt stayed tucked in. I pinned it all together and tacked the skirt and shirt together in several places. I had to do this twice to make sure everything gathered evenly.

I ended up with a super comfortable dress. I liked the elastic waistband and the pattern mixing very much.

Thanks for reading along, for more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks, this is exactly what we are trying to do! After you gathered and tacked the shirt inside the skirt, did you sew it with elastic thread so it stretches?