Wednesday, September 02, 2020

The Pencil Dress

 Hello Refashion Co-op. It is back to school time in a lot of places. In the U.S. a lot of kids are doing school online or homeschooling this year. I am homeschooling my 5 year old so we are getting excited about Kindergarten. I thought some fun comfy "school" themed clothing would be a good idea.

  I had a comfortable dress and needed a way to make it more exciting. I decided to paint it. I used pieces of cushion that I cut into basic shapes and started stamping out pencil shapes.


 I added eraser shapes and so on until I had a pencil. I filled in with a paint brush to get the paint to fully cover the fabric.

 

I added some bright yellow rick-rack to the neckline because... why not?


My dress was finished and dry in time for out first day of school. The acrylic paint will fade a little in the wash but it will not wash out. I have tried it many times. Thanks for reading along, for more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That to see more.

3 comments:

Therese said...

Great idea and well done, another very wearable refashion.

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks a bunch Therese!
Chickie

Anielskaaniela said...

love it !