Friday, October 23, 2020

A Clasic White Shirt

 Hello Refashion Co-op. How are you doing? I hope you are having a beautiful fall. I did not have a white button-down shirt in my wardrobe so when my husband said he didn't want this shirt anymore I knew I would refashion it for myself. A white shirt would go with anything, I needed it. (I wanted it.)

This shirt is great but it is too big and long on me.

I made the sleeves and the body shorter and more narrow.  I removed the cuffs and made the sleeves 3/4 length.

I reattached the cuffs and made box pleats in the sleeves.

 

The shirt fits great now. It looks like MY shirt and not my husband's shirt. The sleeves are my favorite part. 


 Thanks for reading along, for more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.

3 comments:

g.satansbraten said...

Was about time for your husbands 'dislike', hey ;-) ;-) :-D ?
How could you even survive up to now without a 'plain white button down' (giggle)?

O.k., having been (very) cheeky to you poor Chickie, I've to admit, those sentences would rather describe my own situation IF not constantly opting for replacements whenever one of my older staples of 'plain whites' is at risk to 'kick the bucket': I LOVE them!
They are fav's for dressing them up, down and 'around' without much further thinking of otherwise occasional well advised hesitations of 'what goes with what'. This so, when one is an avid Re-Fashioner which is - naturally - providing inexpensive base items yet not always the matching co-ordinates.

My own very very fav. is actually an oversized formal elaborate smoking shirt with extremely long sleeves (even for a tall man). Rolled up to nearly elbow hight it looks much better on me than aaany other originally 'meant for my size and age' shirt/blouse.

Therefore now: congrats, dear Chickie and welcome in The Club of 'Wealthy Ones'. ONE negative effect yet only in YOUR special case due to your cute blogger name: now you can play 'headless chickie' (like me; see above: "... without much further thinking ....") as well ;-) :-D :-D

Love and admiration to you and many thanks for being such a good sport concerning even my cheeky comments.



Anielskaaniela said...

awesome ! and you look so pretty in it , husband must be jealous ;-)

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks for the comments! You both made me smile. I will try to leave husbands clothes alone for now. I can't promise anything though.
CHickie