Wednesday, November 25, 2020

My Jeans Are Too Tight

 Hello Refashion Co-op. I can't be the only one that has gotten too big for their britches, right? Corona restrictions have made my jeans uncomfortable and tight.

I cut the side seams open on the outside of both pants legs.

I used the left-over pant legs from a pair of sweat pants. I cut the sweats at an angle like bias tape. That made long strips of gray fabric.

I used those strips of gray fabric to make my jeans bigger. I added an inch and a half to each side. It made a nice stripe down each leg. I also used the biding at the ankle of the sweatpants. I put the binding at the ankle of my jeans. They match my sparkly sweatshirt perfectly.


 Thanks for reading along, for more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.

3 comments:

Pivot Point Patterns said...

I love this project. The binding at the ankle is a great finishing touch.

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks Melissa!

Valerie said...

Tuxedo stripes and a sparkly sweatshirt! Very festive and stay-at-home chic!