Monday, March 01, 2021

Hooded Poncho Refash

 I have been seeing ladies around town with these hooded ponchos made of sweatshirt material. I haven’t been able to find these in the stores but that won’t stop me!

I was gifted this beautiful purple sweatshirt from my boyfriend’s mom’s neighbor, she’s such a gem!

Among the mountain of clothes, my boyfriend’s mom’s neighbor gifted me was this hooded scarf, a pretty genius winter must have!

I separated the hood from the scarf. Then I pinned and sewed the hood onto the collar of the sweatshirt.

I cut a square from the leftover scarf and stitched each edge, which left a fun ruffles look!

I sewed the square onto the front of the sweatshirt to make a pouch pocket!

Then it was time to cut off the sleeves.

I turned the sweatshirt inside out and rolled the armholes back and pinned a new sleeve hem.

The finished product! Paired with a long sleeve shirt underneath!

With the hood up!

Happy Refashioning, Crafting and Upscaling!

Check out my stash of refashons on my blog!

2 comments:

Anielskaaniela said...

that's so cute <3 great job

I Can Work With That said...

Love this! The colors are great together and the hood and pocket look warm and cozy too.
Chickie