Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Grandmom's House Dress

 

 Hello Readers. Did your grandmother wear casual house dresses or something like this when she was at home? My Grandmom did. When I saw this dress at a swap I thought of my Grandmom. Could I make it look less like a robe and more like a summer dress.

 

 I decided to remove the big puffy sleeves first and stitch the excess fabric under the big collar. 
 

I also took the sides in a bit and made a tie belt from the excess fabric when I shortened the dress. 


You can see more details and pictures of this refashion (And others!) at I Can Work With That; Refashions by Chickie W.U.

4 comments:

Anielskaaniela said...

it looks awesome now ! great job and I like this blue color 😀

Susan @ Second Chances by Susan said...

A very cute transformation!

circesews said...

That dress did not look promising but the refashion is great.

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks for the comments. I was happy with the end result.
Chickie