Friday, November 19, 2021

The Fabric Sample Scarf

 Hello Refashion Co-op. My mother-in-law gave me a lot of fabric samples from when she worked at a fabric store. This orange sample was wool and it wanted to be a scarf. I just knew that is what it wanted. 

Before and after. 

This looks a little red but trust me it's orange.
 

 I cut this finished edge off the sample piece. This edge was to keep it from fraying but I want it to fray. 

I stitched a straight line about an inch from the edge to stop the fraying if it got out of control and just started pulling threads. 

This process took longer than I thought it would. You can see I had a nice pile of threads. 

My scarf was done. I loved the fringe I made. It is a square because that is all I had to work with. It went great with this green dress. Thanks for reading along, for more details go to I Can Work With That.

2 comments:

Vermaakster said...

the fringe looks great! Sure it isn't red? Looks like red to me. And you know, if you want it to be red, you can always say it's red:)! The scarf gives a good Christmas vibe!

I Can Work With That said...

Hi Vermaakster! This scarf was more orange at my house but very red in all my pictures. It was the lighting maybe. But either way, I am ready for the holidays. :)
Chickie