Sunday, January 23, 2022

Japanese knot bag from jeans scraps


 

Every once in a while, you come across a great project you just can't resist. This is one of those projects. When I saw the tutorial for the Japanese knot bag,  I immediately fell in love with the design. It's cute, simple and effective! 

I used jeans scraps for this project. Knowing how much water is needed for one pair of jeans (10 000 liters!), I find it very satisfying to reuse old jeans. If you scroll down you can see my twist on the pattern. And if you can't wait to get started yourself, you can find the 'how to' tutorial of the Japanese knot bag on happiestcamper.com. The tutorial contains clear pictures and a detailed explanation. Enjoy! 

My interpretation of the pattern
To make the design even more interesting, I didn't stick the pattern pieces together. For one side, I kept the pieces separated lengthwise, and for the other side I kept the pieces across the width apart. The advantage of this was that I could use smaller pieces of fabric. 



For the inside lining I used a dark grey, cool looking cotton. 




You're welcome to check out other projects and refashions at  vermaakster.blogspot.com. The tutorials are in English and Dutch, and there are lots of pictures for those who don't speak these languages:). 


2 comments:

Anielskaaniela said...

fantastic bag , thanks for sharing idea ! :))

I Can Work With That said...

This is so cute! I have always wanted to make one of these bags. I love the handles.
Chickie