Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Denim Days-Dying Dots

 Hello Refashion Co-op. I found this purple denim jacket at a clothes swap. It was perfect for a refashion in May because I am working with denim all month. The purple polka dots caught my eye but after I took it home and washed it... the purple just seemed too purple???

Before and after. 

Is it the lavender shade of purple? Is it the dots? Something isn't working here. 

Red wine seemed like a better color choice. I used this dye to dye the jacket. I thought the wine color would cover the lavender well. 

 
The color turned out great. I decided to cut the jacket into a cropped length and cut the sleeves shorter too. I like the look of fraying denim so this was a fun jacket for me. 

I really liked how is lightweight jacket turned out. 

I dyed these old khaki pants with the jacket and they turned out well too. Thanks for reading along!







3 comments:

Anielskaaniela said...

awesome and u look so great in it !

Vermaakster said...

Great idea to cut your jacket! I get really good vibes from the new cropped length:)

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks for the comments. I love the encouragement from this blog.
Chickie