Friday, September 30, 2022

Imitation Chanel

 Hello Refashion Co-op. I found a fun ad fabulous Chanel style suit at a clothes swap recently. No one else wanted it so I took it home. I knew it needed some work to fit me better. 

Before and after.

I decided to make a vest for a couple reasons. 1.The shoulders of the jacket would have been difficult to take apart. 2.The jacket was so long I didn't need the shoulder fabric anyway. I placed the pattern on top of the jacket so that I could keep those front pockets and that front button on my new vest. 
 
The skirt just needed a big cut at the bottom. I didn't hem it I wanted the frayed edges that Chanel sometimes has on their suits. The fraying took quite a while.

I really liked how it all turned out. Thanks for reading along, for more pictures and details go to I Can Work With That.





No comments: