Monday, December 05, 2022

The Scratchy Collar

 Hello Refashion Co-op. I loved this wool dress. It was soft and the lining was perfect. It had a good mini length for me. I am short so a dress that was the right length is always an amazing find. 

Before and after.

This dress also had a very large, very stiff, very scratchy collar. I couldn't stand it. It had to go. 

I cut it off. I cut as close to the seam as I could without cutting the dress. But that left the neckline looking a little messy.

I used some embroidery floss to hand stitch along the neck where I cut the collar off. It made the neckline look nicely finished and it was a quick fix too. You can see more pictures and details at I Can Work With That.




2 comments:

Anielskaaniela said...

great tutorial 🤗 you look stunning in this dress 💖

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks so much! I loved it without the collar.
Chickie