Thursday, January 06, 2011

Refitted Hair Bands

So many of the hair bands I use to hold my hair back off my face have stretched out to the point where they’re no longer useable. I was just about to pick up a new package of hair bands when I realized that if I was spending time refashioning my clothes, why couldn’t I spend a bit of time and rework my existing hair bands so that they’re useful to me again.

First refashioned head band.
2nd refashioned head band.
 Now I'm under no delusions that these refashions will win any design contests. That wasn't the point. The point was to refrain from buying something by making what I already had work. Of course, I could easily add a clip on flower for a special occasion. I especially love accessories that are versatile, so I would probably use a clip on flower rather than a sewn on flower. For close ups of my refashioned head bands and a quick little tutorial that will save you from making some of the mistakes I made on the first head band check out Quick and Easy Refashioned Hair Bands.

Oh and wait until you see what I did with one hairband that has nothing to do with a hair accessory. I'll be posting that one later on.

No comments: