Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Blouse Refashion

Hi Everyone! I finally grabbed some time to do a refashion! Also its allergy season here in Alabama, I am kind of stuck indoors so I will have some time to catch up on projects and do some refashioning!

I got this beautiful silk blouse at goodwill for $0.99. I fell for the material (100%!) but it was quite big (a 2X). I started with experimenting with dying the shirt with RIT dye in petal pink. I knew between the silk and the cream color, I would probably have a nice outcome. Well I crossed my fingers. :) I also went into my bead stash and added some bling to the neckline. Additionally I took some of it in too. Here's the end product

I have a wonderful new shirt now for work! I need professional work clothes. Oh how I miss the days of tshirts and jeans.... Hope you enjoyed this. click here to see my full blog on this project! Here's to it NOT being MONDAY anymore! :) LaLaLauren

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous shade of pink! Love the embellishment around the neck too.
And I'm with on Monday being over again - woohoo! :D

Unknown said...

Wow!! What a transformation! Beautiful.

Jenni said...

Gorgeous! Love a good dye job too!
Jenni EOD

Juli said...

I love it!