Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Stash Necklace

Here is on of my new line of refashioned necklaces. I use vintage silk blouses and scarves to create the sewn spaghetti.  Mixed together with beads from my stash of baubles, wooden rings and various bits of tee shirts and yarn from unraveled sweaters, I have lots of fun creating them! One of the pieces of yarn came from a silk sweater that I unraveled, had to re-spin on an improvised drop spindle, then dyed with Kool-Aid in my kitchen. The big twiggy balls came from a potpourri mix. Fun, fun, fun!! I'll be listing more on my blogs and in my etsy shops soon.

In other editorial news...please check out the info at the top of the column on the left, and on our About page. The ReFashion Co-op editors have been hard at work discussing how we should encourage contributors to posting about wearable refashioned items. Please let us know if what we have posted is clear, friendly and makes sense.  And stay tuned! It may change again! :)  
Thanks for playing!
Jenni

4 comments:

Huli said...

funky necklace :) thanks for the update & clear info on the site being fashion focused...i obviously love refashioning clothes so it suits me just fine ;)

Lovenicky said...

I think the info on the site is pretty clear. But thanks for reminding us anyways. I love that you dye your fabrics with Kool-Aid. I should try that too!

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

Hi, Jenni. I could find no other way to leave a comment on Refashion Co-op, so I've turned to your blog.

Each time I leave a comment on a Refashion Co-op post, I receive an e-mail stating that I'm not allowed to comment, that I must be invited, that it RC-o doesn't exist, etc. VERY. WEIRD. Especially since I am not a contributing blogger at Refashion Co-op.

HELP! Any advice?

Kelley~
mrskjdibble@juno.com

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

OOPS! Jenni, I am NOW a contributing blogger at Refashion Co-op. I yam! I yam! I yam! *wink*

Thanks for your help!
Kelley~