Sunday, April 03, 2011

Sunday Best: Granny's skirt

Hi ladies, today I want to show you my newest refashioned skirt. It was from a pile of vintage clothes my friend gave me from her grandma. The fabric has tulip print, very Springy. I made a pencil skirt because I didn't have enough fabric to make a full skirt (which are my favorite), it seems like I should have had enough but the old skirt was cut for too many pleats up front and nothing in the back, so unflattering.
Before
After
I had to add the black fabric because I didn't have enough of the tulip fabric, the skirt has a little bow on the front (hard to see).  The shirt is also also altered, I shortened the sleeves and slimmed it a bit.
I have a daily style blog here.

1 comment:

Refashion said...

Many a refashioning gem has come from my Grandma's wardrobe...
How long were the shirt sleeves before? Looks like you've done a very neat job on those..

Bryony
EOD