Sunday, May 01, 2011

Announcing The Refashion Co-op Refashion Challenge: 80 Dresses Around the World!

I don't know about you, but whenever the seasons change I find myself hunting for a new something to add to my wardrobe. Behind the scenes at Refashion Co-op, we've been scheming about ways to channel that urge towards refashioning and away from outright consumption ... and dreamt up a refashion challenge! Dresses make it super easy to feel put together, plus they offer endless opportunities to play up your personal style and make them your own. What better way to slip into a new season than with a new frock (or two), and what better way to welcome the month of May than with a dress-themed refashion challenge?

So. Here's how it works. Starting May 1st, we'll have a week of inspiring tutorials, projects, and dress refashion projects to get your creative juices flowing. Between now and May 21st, we welcome any and all contributors to strut their stuff! While this is going on, please feel free to post your non-dress-related refashions too! But if you have a dress or two sitting neglected in the refashion pile ... have a vintage tablecloth that would make a perfect summer dress ... have been hording a ginormous pair of wool pants with an eye towards turning it into a mindress ... bring 'em out and bring it on!

We've got a couple great prizes lined up for contributors who refashion a dress between now and May 21st. Rules will be posted shortly but it will be a random drawing, with more refashions earning more points.

21 days ... 100 contributors ... 80 Dresses Around the World. Can this little blog hit 80 dresses between now and then? Let's see how far we get!

Ready ... set ... REFASHION!

8 comments:

Debi said...

Fabulous idea!! I'm in!

BopBop said...

I do have a dress waiting for a refashion! hope others do this too it could be really inspiring!

Huli said...

Nice I love dresses & I need a few warmer ones coming into winter here in NZ! So off to see what I can do... :)

Becky said...

Sounds fun! And I actually have an idea for one involving some bedsheets I've had sitting around for awhile, so we'll see if I get to it before the end of the month.

jessica said...

Thanks for the enthusiasm everybody! I'm really excited for this challenge and can't wait to see what everybody comes up with. I've got dresses on the brain ... and it's so much more fun knowing there's a community of us out there working through our projects together!

Corina said...

Count me in!

Liz said...

I love dresses, but have hardly any - I'm looking forward to being inspired by this :)

Elly said...

Terrific idea! I've definitely got some dresses waiting in my pile for refashioning...