Sunday, May 22, 2011

I used the bottom half of an old t-shirt to make a summer dress! (Dress challenge entry?)

I really think this may be too late. I'm about 20 minutes past the deadline, but in the off chance that I'll still get entered I'm posting it. And I'd post it even if there were no "dress challenge" and I just so happened to finally make a dress that I've been plotting for 2 years. Which I did!  The fabric was given to me and the shirt was a cast off from my husband's stash. (Pay no attention to the dates, they are completely incorrect)
Sports team I've never heard of....and I used to live in Tampa! And I'm a huge fan of soccer....

I love the lace up back, but I think it needs to be tweaked, it doesn't look as good as I was hoping. Still, I'm really glad I've finally made this dress! I'll be wearing this one a lot this summer. For some more details see my blog.

2 comments:

Bells said...

Really like the print on the fabric you used, and the mock-corset insert is very cool. Good job!

Jenni said...

Is it an inset? Or is the corset worn as a belt?
eod