Thursday, June 09, 2011

adult to toddler jeans, keeping the worn out look..

Heya! It's been a while since my last post, I've been busy packing and unpacking because we were moving house. But now everything is settled and on their places, I can start sewing again and recycling my old clothes and posting in Refashion Co-Op again. YAY! 

At 98cm, my daughter is quite tall for a 2,5 yo toddler, and I found it's hard to find a perfect jeans that fit her because shopping/trying clothes on the store was not fun for her and she'll grown out of it so soon. So, I'll just make one for her. I was going to make a tutorial on my blog but turns out it was hard to take pictures between the sewing process so I just put whatever I have for now.

I started with my old Billabong jeans, it was well loved and I wore it to death (approx twice a week in 7years) and as the result, it got frayed patch on the crotch. I love it because it became so soft, perfect for her because she hated hard/stiff fabrics, and I intend to keep the worn out look on the side seams so the jeans looks not new.


prepped the pieces.. 


finished product. 


You can find my other projects on my blog.. 

-=G=-

3 comments:

Debi said...

What a great idea!!!

Refashion said...

This is great!

Unknown said...

I've been planning on doing this! Thanks for sharing your technique. Brilliant result!
Px