Thursday, June 30, 2011

Liberty print skirt to tunic

I saw this skirt through the open door of a charity shop & recognised it as a Liberty print. The skirt wasn't my kind of thing but I loved the fabric. I'm not sure if it's '80s or '90s.
I took the waistband off, unpicked the hem & side seams & washed it.
I made the tunic from two rectangles & used tucks to make it the right size so that I could minimize waste. I cut out a neckline & made a button placket. I didn't use a pattern.

The tunic finished. I'm very pleased with it & wore it yesterday for the first time.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

A wonderful refashion, I love this tunic!

SewingScientist said...

I like this a lot! I may try that with one of the skirts I got from my sister last weekend (sister sorting old clothes= win for a this refashioner!)

SewingScientist said...

Can you explain a little more about how you made the waist? Thanks!

Lyndel said...

oh it's lovely, one of my favourite Liberty Patterns. I had that fabric on a Liberty pattern diary in the early 1980s...♥♥

Norma said...

Thanks for all the comments.
I made the waist by making little tucks at the front & back. I didn't do that until I had tried on the more or less finished top so that I could see how much shape it needed.