Friday, June 17, 2011

Purse from a suit jacket

This was my inspiration, an article in Sew News magazine. My husband was getting rid of some suit jackets that, even if they still fit, he no longer wore. One of them actually matched the illustration in the article almost perfectly!


Here it is before I started chopping...

and the finished product! I used some orange cotton from my stash for lining, put an orange button on the pocket flap, and even made a little wallet from pieces leftover (no picture of that though). I eventually made another one from the other jacket and will eventually post a picture of it. No before pic though.

5 comments:

Agy said...

I love it! Inspirational :-)

Claire Cooper said...

I really like this idea - old coats could work well for this too!

my thrifty closet said...

this is great! Why didn't I think of it?

love~mongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com

Yelena's Nest said...

Great job! Awesome idea :)

MooBear Designs said...

Yay... this has been on my to do list for so long!! lol

xo Steph