Sunday, July 31, 2011

Finally, an actual new reconstruction!

I'm taking a break from the shoes. I had a free afternoon yesterday, so I decided to play around with this too-big, kind of frilly dress I found at the thrift store.

I liked the main color, but I knew I'd never wear this as a dress. And I wasn't really seeing this as a skirt or top....















....so I turned it into some much-needed sleepwear. Much frillier than I usually wear, but it turned out pretty comfortable. And it was fun to play around with something that I'd not wear in public!  More details on how I did it at my blog.

4 comments:

jessica said...

Looks both comfy and pretty! Love how you listened to your gut instinct of what you would wear as a dress/top/skirt and used it to fill a wardrobe "need" instead! Very clever!

learningnewtricks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
learningnewtricks said...

Very cute refashion, you have a good eye for it. If you are uncomfortable wearing it only as an outdoor dress, you might consider it as a nice dress to wear over your bathing suit. You did such a nice job at refashioning the dress. It's a shame you won't be wearing it outside. Look forward to seeing more of your refashions.

Minnado said...

It makes very nice sleepwear. Cool and comfy.
Debbie
EOD
MOndays