Friday, July 08, 2011

Frolic in Clover Dress

I wasn’t going to be doing any frolicking whatsoever in this dress when I first found it.



The pits on this dress were a bit worn, and it’s missing its original belt. No worries! I lopped off the dress at the top (removing the pit problem entirely). I hemmed the new top, and took the dress in from the back.





A question I get a lot when making strapless dresses is, “Wait a sec…how does it stay up without elastic or anything? Won’t you just be tugging at it all day?”. The answer is, no. When you custom fit something to yourself, it’s going to fit much better than the off-the-rack stuff you’re used to…just another reason to start sewing, if you don’t already!



You can see a more detailed tutorial on how I made this dress at ReFashionista.net, where I'm showing a new refashion every day for a year! :)



Cheers!




No comments: