Monday, July 11, 2011

Mens button down to womens button up blouse

I started out with a mens button down shirt, XL, in a cornflower blue that was too beautiful to Linkpass up.

Added in vintage lace sent to me by a bloggy friend.

And combined with a blouse sloper pattern that I wanted to experiment on with cheap-ish fabric.


And this is what i got! A bit blousier than I usually wear, but I like it for work. As my friend says, it combines menswear with vintage, feminine bits. I was too lazy to make closures for it so I flipped the shirt around so that it buttons up the back, ala the 1940s styles. (More photos)


Couple extra details: I pleated out the sleeve cap ease with a little inverted pleat, and handstitched on the two rows of lace. All in all, I'm loving this one!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

So cute! That lace is great around the neckline.

Refashion said...

I love this top Jessica. Looks very pretty on you.

Debbie
EOD