Thursday, July 14, 2011

Restyled Top

I am delighted to be invited to post here. My name is Noirin and I have been a follower of Refashion Co-op since it began.












I never really wore this top, so I thought I would change the neckline. I pinned the top to my mannequin to judge how much to cut off the top. Using the band from the neck I created shoulder straps.













Using my favourite tool at the moment Bias binding maker. Instructions on how to use here.


If you don't have one here is another great way to make your own bias binding.


I used strips of lining in a complementary colour for my bias binding and sewed it to the raw edges of my top.














I sewed on the shoulder straps and finished off by adding buttons to create a new neckline. My blog is http://www.sewthisis.com/








2 comments:

Refashion said...

I had never heard of a bias binding maker until this! THANK YOU. I can't wait to hit up the quilting section to get one of my own. About how much extra time does it take to bind your raw edges, vs. just serge or straightstitch/zigzag them? It looks really nice and professional.

-Jillian, EOD

BopBop said...

super cute! I've been wanting one of these bias tape makers for awhile now and this is yet more proof of how useful they are. I really like the change you made to the neckline!
So much more wearable now!