Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Sorbetto and Tiger Fancy Dress Outfit

Hello refashioners! A couple of projects I've completed this past week.

The first is not a refashion of a garment, but a top made from thrifted tropical bird printed material. Anyone making clothing from scratch may be aware of the Colette Sorbetto, which can be downloaded for free, and is rocking the home sewing community right now! It's a really easy top to make, there are only two pattern pieces to sew together, and no tricky zips involved. I modified my own top to include sleeves which I documented on my blog.

make an animation

Additionally, it is my 2 1/2yr old's first fancy dress (dress up) party this week. It seems silly to buy an outfit for the occasion which would be worn once, so I thrifted some orange trousers and long sleeved top, and found some animal print fabric of which I cut into strips and stitched onto orange garments.


More of that here

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The blouse is so pretty and I love the tiger outfit. Very cool!
Eddie